Visit Us Daily For All Your Latest Gistssssssssssssss

Please add your comment on the topics to make the site more INTERACTIVE

Monday, August 22, 2011

Actress Steph-Nora Okere Battles P-Square: Claims They Stole Her Song

p
square stole my song

p square stole my song

So the story making the rounds now is the
claims by Nollywood actress, Steph Nora
Okere, that the Okoye men stole materials
from one of the tracks in her yet-to-be
released debut album. Yeah, she's going into
music too.
Steph claims that several months ago, she
sampled the opinion of Jude Okoye, the elder
brother, producer and manager of Peter and
Paul, on one of her songs titled 'Jeje', only for
her to find a sample of it in P-Square's new
album, The Invasion. Here's what she told the
press:
“I sent the song over to Jude via
email and he listened to it. The next
day I called him for his opinion and
he said exactly these
words ‘Stephnora the song is good
but don’t release it like that because
it doesn’t meet the standard of the
Nigerian market’. I asked him what
should be done and he suggested
that I return to the studios and
brush it up.
Continue to see the rest
“As a brother and colleague, I took his advice
and went back to the studio with my producer,
Jiff. I also consulted with my manager, and we
agreed to improve on the work ahead of the
album launch, which I planned for this
December. I finally completed the song in May/
June. But to my consternation, two weeks ago
my personal assistant called my attention to P
Square’s new album, which included a track
entitled Jeje.
“What they did was to remix the chorus of my
version to a danceable track. That was not all;
they also gave their version the same title,
Jeje and featured Waje.”
She's threatening to go to court. The Okoye
brothers aren't saying anything at the moment

No comments: